Remote LiveShare is great for conducting remote moderated interviews. And your team can stream your session live if they'd like, too!
💡 Before you Start
- Screen and recruit participants from your own user panel or via a 3rd party recruiter.
- Create a LiveShare Round within a Project. Remember to select 'LiveShare'.
- Invite your participants via an email.
- Invite members from your Lookback Org to part-take in a Remote LiveShare.
On the day of the test: Prep for the session as moderator
- Check that you are on a strong WiFi Connection, and are not affected by a firewall before you start a LiveShare with a participant. This will ensure you don't experience any hiccups during the test.
- Have your headphones with a built-in microphone ready. Headphones cut out echo and ensure good audio quality.
- Log on to Lookback on your laptop/desktop via the Google Chrome browser
Meanwhile on the participant's side
- When a participant clicks the Participant Link, they will be prompted to download Lookback's Participate App or Chrome Extension and grant permission to record their screen camera and mic.
- Then, they will be shown a screen that says 'We're just waiting for the other party to join. All set.' At this point, they need to wait for the moderator (you) to join the session.
Join the session and moderate
Once the participant reaches the page that says 'We're just waiting for the other party to join. All set.' the participant will appear both in relevant Round and under the Live tab in your dashboard.
- Click 'Join'. You'll now find yourself in the Player.
🚀 Pro Tip! If you've invited other members from your Lookback Org to watch, they can join the session too at this point, in a similar manner.
- Click 'Start Moderating' button.
- Select the microphone and camera you'd like to use, then click 'Call participant'. Remember that using a microphone is mandatory when moderating a session. Camera is optional.
🚀 Pro Tip! You can switch, enable or disable your camera, later on during the session too. Just click the camera icon on the top-right corner of your screen.
- The participant will be notified that you are calling them, and will have the option to 'Accept' or reject your call.
- When they 'Accept', your Remote LiveShare has officially started! Go ahead and start moderating.
🚀 Pro Tip! If you're testing an app in the App Store or Play Store, a prototype viewed in an app or an unreleased app, just ask the participant to navigate to that app. Once they've finished testing, they can navigate back to Lookback's Participate app / Chrome Window.
Share your screen with the participant
- If you'd like to share your screen with the Participant, just click the 'screen icon' on the bottom center of the screen - beside the mic and camera icons.
- Then choose from three different ways to share your screen with the Participant.
Take Notes, Chat and create Highlights
During a LiveShare session, you can chat with others who are observing the session, add timestamped Notes and create Highlights using the 'Session Feed' on the right.
@metion team-members in a Note or Chat to draw their attention during the session and also trigger an email with a link to the the specific Note or Chat.
- Chat is for you and your team to discuss the session in general. It's also a place for others who are observing the session to ask you questions. The whole team can view the chat later along with the full-length recording, but these messages won't show up on the participant's screen or on the timeline. So chat away!
- Notes can be used to annotate the current LiveShare session. All notes are saved with a timestamp, so you'll be able to easily find the moment in the session where you added the Note, when you watch the full-length recording.
- Highlights are short video snippets that you can extract to use in a summary or send to stakeholders. To create a highlight during a LiveShare, just make a 'Note' and then click the ☼ sun icon to convert the Note into a Highlight. You can edit the length of the Highlight later while you're reviewing the session.
🚀 Pro Tips! Just click the ellipsis ︙ to edit the contents or timestamps of your Notes or Chats
End the session
- To end a session, click on the End session button in the bottom center.
- Now the session will published in the relevant Round within the Project for you and your team to view.
Awesome work. You've just completed a LiveShare session! 🎉
- Testing prototypes during a Remote LiveShare session
- Testing Apps in the App / Play Store during a Remote LiveShare session
- Testing unreleased Apps during a Remote LiveShare session
- How to share content on Lookback
Interested in other types of tests?
Want to invite participants to a (remote unmoderated) SelfTest?
Need to conduct a moderated, in-person session using Lookback?