Prototypes: iOS, Android, Desktop, and Web
Lookback supports every prototyping platform — prototypes accessed via a browser or within their own app. You don’t need to do anything special to record a session with a prototype, just treat it like it’s any other native app or website! This includes, but isn't restricted to:
- Adobe XD
- Framer X
Testing Prototypes that can be viewed in a Browser
To use Lookback with a prototype that can viewed in a browser:
- Insert the public URL of your prototype into the “Landing page” field when creating a 'Round' within a 'Project'.
If you've already created your 'Round' you can also click the 'Edit' button beside your 'Round' to add your prototype url as the 'Landing page'.
Testing Prototypes that work with Native Prototyping Apps
For iOS, Android and Desktop testing, request participants to:
- Start a Lookback LiveShare or SelfTest as they normally would
- Navigate to your Prototyping App and test away!
Once your participants are done testing your prototype, request them to:
- Navigate back to Lookback's Participate App (in the case of iOS and Android) or to Lookback's Chrome window (in the case of Desktop/Laptop)
- Follow the prompts to 'End' the session.
Everything on the participant's device, including native prototyping apps will be recorded during the session, since our Participate app supports systemwide recording on iOS, Android and Desktop. On iOS, once the user leaves the Participate browser camera is disabled due to Apple security permissions.