Having colleagues or stakeholders observe a Remote LiveShare is a great way for them to hear user feedback and understand their experience of your product, first hand! Or just invite a colleague to take notes during your session, while you moderate.
You can do all of this by inviting them to your Lookback organization as a member.
If a team member watches a LiveShare session, it's a behind-the-glass experience – the Participant will not know you're there, unless the moderator communicates it to them.
Lookback members can silently watch LiveShare sessions (remote), In-Person sessions (moderator & participant are in the same room). But they can also collaborate actively, by chatting with the moderator and others who are watching during the session, as well as add time-stamped notes. Any member of your Lookback organization can also add such notes when watching the session recording afterwards.
Here's how invite someone in your Lookback organization to join a remote LiveShare or In-person LiveShare:
Step 1: Adding someone to your Lookback Organization
You need to add team members in advance, before you start any remote or in-person LiveShares, if you want to invite those team members to that particular session. Here's how:
- Log in to Lookback
- Find the dropdown menu next to your name (in the top right corner of the page)
- Click 'Members' in the dropdown menu
- On the 'Members' page, fill out the email address(es), one-by-one, and add them to your organization.
- This will automatically send them an invitation to sign up as a member of your organization.
- If you plan to invite someone to observe one of your LiveShare sessions, it's a good idea to make sure they sign up well in advance of the actual session.
Step 2: Send your member a link to observe the session
Once you've added someone to the 'Members' page in your Lookback organization, you can go ahead and send them a link to observe the session Here's how:
- Click into your specific project
- Click the 'Invite to Remote' button or 'Start In-Person' button next to the relevant Round
- In the window that pops up (refer pic below), you will find the a link to 'invite your team to join, you, observe and take notes'.
- Copy this link
- Send the link in a separate email to the team members you want to invite to the session, together with other details (date, time of the session, tips on how to part-take in LiveShare sessions etc)
- On the day of the session, the Lookback member copies and pastes this link in their Google Chrome browser on a desktop or laptop – the sign-up procedure having already been handled. They will be taken to a list of sessions directly when they log in.
A piece of advice! All team members can join a LiveShare session, but the person acting as Moderator needs to be the one starting LiveShares.
A Note on Privacy
- When you invite observers, they can see all your projects and recordings.
- If you want a particular team member to be able to see just a specific project and no other project, you'd have to make all your projects 'Private Projects' and make sure that particular member has been added to the required private project as well.
- This is typically desired when you eg. invite an external stakeholder (such as a client) to observe a session.
The Private Project feature is available on all plans except the Starter Plan.