Available to customers with a Pro or Enterprise plan.
Project permissions let you make certain projects visible only to the collaborators and observers that you choose. But they need to be Collaborators or Observers in your organization before you can add them to a private project.
Private projects show up with a lock symbol in the dashboard, but only to those that have access.
You can choose to make a Project "Private", when you Create a Project:
- Go to your dashboard, Click New Project on the top right corner.
- Name your project and add a description, if you like.
- Click 'Private' and add 'project members' who can access your project.
- Remember 'project members' should have already been added as Collaborators or Observers to your 'Members Page' earlier.
You can also click into 'Project Settings' (Cog icon) to make an existing project 'Private'.
Enterprise Plan teams can set their projects to "Private" by default
Your team Owner can navigate to Settings to enable this feature.
- Click the dropdown menu on the top right corner of the page
- Click 'Settings'
- Scroll to 'Default to private projects'
An important note about Observers:
Generally, when you invite observers they can see all your projects. If you'd like your observer(s) to see just specific project(s) and no other project, you will have to make all your projects 'Private Projects'. Then make sure the specific observer has also been added to the relevant 'Private Project' as well.