Hey [Participant First Name],
Thanks for your willingness to participate in our research study. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information you need to know for this project.
We’re going to be chatting with you using a web conferencing platform on Google Chrome. Please follow these steps 5 minutes before our session starts:
- On your computer, please download the Google Chrome Browser if you don’t already have it.
- Open up this link [Remote LiveShare Link] in Chrome and follow all of the setup steps the page gives you.
- Once you get to the screen that says: “All set, we're just waiting for the other party to join,” please keep this window open while you wait for me to call you. You may do other things on your computer, but please keep this window open in the background.
- A window on your computer should soon appear saying that I am calling you. Please hit “Start” to begin our call.
- Once the session is over, you can close your browser.
Call Time & Date: [Start time - End time] on [Date]
Compensation: [Details of Compensation]
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to chatting with you!
[Researcher’s First Name]
You likely will need to modify the email template above to fit your exact research project. A few things you may want to include in your email:
- Details about what your interview will be focused on
- Info about what a participant should do if they need to cancel or reschedule
- Instructions asking participant to call from a place with strong wifi and no background noise
- Contract for participant to sign