Hey [Participant First Name],
Thanks for your willingness to participate in our research study. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information you need to know for this project.
Call Time & Date: [Start time - End time] on [Date]
We’re going to be chatting with you using the Participate App on your Android device. The App will allow us to see your screen and record your face camera and our conversation. Please follow these steps 5 minutes before our session starts:
- Check you're on a strong Wifi Connection and not affected by a Firewall.
- Open up this link [Live Link] on your Android. When it prompts you to install the Participate App, tap "Install"
- Before installation begins you'll be reminded that "Participate" needs to access your Camera and Mic. Tap "Accept" to proceed.
- Once the app has been installed, tap on the above link again and click "I already have Participate", this time.
- Please read the welcome message from us (If applicable) and tap "Next".
- Provide your name and email address and tap "Next".
- Enable camera and mic and tap "Next".
- Connect your headset and tap "Next".
- Read our instructions about the "Yellow Hand icon" bubble and tap "Start"
- Tap "Start Now" to grant permission to record your screen.
- Once you get to the screen that says: “All set. We're just waiting for the other party to join,” please keep the app open while you wait for me to connect with you through the app.
- Around the start time of our interview, you should get a request in the app saying I'm trying to call you. Please hit “Start” so we can begin chatting and testing.
- Once the session is over, tap the the "Yellow hand" and tap "End" to end the call. Now you can exit the app and any other apps or browsers we may have used.
Compensation: [Details of Compensation]
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to chatting with you!
[Researcher’s First Name]
You'll probably need to modify the email template above to fit your exact research project. A few things you may want to include in your email:
- Details about what your interview will focus on
- Info about what a participant should do if they need to cancel or reschedule
- Reminder for the participant to call from a place with strong wifi and no background noise
- Contract for participant to sign
- External links to surveys etc
Here's a link to a tutorial to help Participants setup and install the Participate app and and join a Live Test on Android.