Having colleagues or stakeholders observe a Remote LiveShare is a great way for them to hear user feedback and understand their experience of your product, first hand! Or you may want to invite a colleague to join purely as a notetaker during your session, while you moderate.
You can do all of by inviting them to your Lookback organization as an Observer.
Observers can watch Remote LiveShare, In-Person LiveShare and previously recorded tests. They can also chat and add notes during Remote LiveShare and In-Person LiveShare.
Here's how to make sure your Observer joins a Remote LiveShare/In-Person LiveShare with ease.
Step 1: Adding Observers to your Lookback Organization
The very first step is to add "Observers" to your Lookback Organization... in advance.
Way before your Remote LiveShares/In-Person LiveShares is about to begin.
- Log in to Lookback
- Click the dropdown Menu beside your name (on the top right corner of the page)
- Click 'Members' on the dropdown Menu
- On the 'Members' page input the email address(es) of your Observer(s) one-by-one and add them as "Observers".
- This will automatically send an invitation to your Observers to sign up to your organization as "Observers".
- It's a good idea to make sure your Observers have signed up in advance (before the day of your Live test/In-person)
Step 2: Send 'Observer Link' for to Observers to watch a Live session
Once you've added Observers to the 'Members' page in your Lookback Organization, you can go ahead and send them 'Observer Link' to Observe the Remote LiveShare/In-Person LiveShare.
- Click into your specific project.
- Then click the "Invite" button beside the relevant LiveShare 'Round'
- You will find the 'Observer Link' in the window that pops up (refer pic below)
- Copy this link.
- Then manually send a separate email with the 'Observer Link' for your specific test to each of your Observers with other details such as date and time of the test.
- Now when they copy and paste this link in a Google Chrome Browser on a Desktop/Laptop the day of the Remote LiveShare/In-Person LiveShare, they don't have to go through the sign-up procedure because they've already done this earlier. They will be taken to a list of sessions directly when they log on.
A Note on Privacy
When you invite Observers, they can see all your projects and recordings.
If you want your Observer to see just a specific project and no other project, you'd have to make all your projects 'Private Projects' and make sure the specific Observer has been added to the required private project as well.
It's best to do this, especially when you invite an external stakeholder such as a client to be an Observer.
The 'Private Project' feature is available under the 'Pro' and 'Enterprise' Plans.
Bypass Step 1: Allow Observers to sign up instantly
If you'd like to expedite the process of Observers from your company joining your Lookback Organization, you can opt for Instant-Sign-Up.
Instant Sign-Up allows everyone with a certain email domain to join your Lookback Organization as an Observer, after they verify their email.
So you can directly send someone (with your approved email domain) a link to a Live test/In-person, a recording, or a project. And all they'd have to do is verify their email to be immediately added to your Lookback Organization.
Presto! Now they can immediately view the content they need on Lookback.