When the research participant is seated beside you at your lab or office, you have an opportunity to give instructions in-person. Which is why we created the new seamless Android In-Person LiveShare. And guess what? Your stakeholders can observe the session too.
Before the participant arrives:
Create a Round within a Project
- Log on to Lookback on your laptop/desktop and Create a LiveShare Round within a Project. Make sure to select 'Android' when you select the 'Device requirements.'
Prepare your QR code image
- Click into the relevant 'Project' and click 'Start In-Person' the beside the relevant 'Round.'
- Print or keep the mobile QR code available. You'll need it to start the LiveShare.
Invite members from your Lookback Org to observe
- Invite members from your Lookback Org in advance, so they can observe your Remote LiveShare session and take notes.
When the participant arrives
Prepare your Test Device
- Pick up the Compatible Android device that the participant will be using and make sure it's connected to a Strong Wifi connection and it's not affected by a Firewall.
- Download the 'Participate App' from the Google Play Store on the same Android Device.
- Close all other websites and apps that display any sensitive info like passwords. Later Lookback Participate will be recording your Android device screen. Of course you don't want sensitive info being recorded!
- You're now ready to start an In-Person LiveShare on the Android device.
When the participant arrives:
- Open the camera on your test device.
- Scan the QR code.
- Tap 'Open in Participate.'
- When the Participate App opens up you'll get a chance to 'Name your session.'
Hand over the Android device to the participant
Help the participant follow the prompts and enable camera, mic and screen recording:
- Flick the toggle buttons to 'Allow' camera, mic and screen recording.
- 'Allowing' camera recording is optional.
- But you must ''Allow' mic and screen recording to proceed, though.
- Once you swipe the toggle button beside 'Screen' go ahead and click 'Start now,' followed by 'Next.'
Time to Test
- It's now time to don your "moderator" hat and give your participant verbal instructions and tasks.
- Oh...just FYI
- 'Landing Page' will take the participant to the website or url-based prototype they'll be testing.
- 'Instructions' will list out your tasks and written instructions for the participant.
- 'Pause Session' will help Pause or End the LiveShare.
Pro Tip! If you're testing an App or and App-based prototype, just request the participant to navigate away from the 'Lookback Participate App' to the App you want them to test. But don't close the Lookback Participate App!
Remember to end your In-Person LiveShare
- When the participant is done, (ask them to navigate back to the Participate App if necessary) tap 'Pause Session.'
- And then tap 'End Session.'
- Not done, just yet!
- Tap 'End Session' again to reconfirm.
- Congratulations — one In-Person LiveShare completed. Another feather in you cap!