You might want to test a low-fidelity prototype or a confidential website that can't be shared publicly. With 'Moderator Screen Share' you can share anything on your laptop/desktop screen, just for the duration of a remote LiveShare. The participant can see what you chose to share but has no access to your device, nor are they able to take control of your machine.
💡 Before you Start
- Create a LiveShare Round within a Project.
- Remember to close any other windows or Apps that you don't want the participant to see
- Start moderating LiveShare session as you normally would.
Time to share you screen
- Just click the 'screen icon', beside the mic and camera icon.
Choose from 3 ways to share your screen
Based on you project, you can choose one of these ways to share your screen with the participant:
1. Your entire screen
- Click on the image of the screen you'd like to share and then click 'Share'.
🚀 Pro Tip! If you have 2 screens make sure to choose the right screen.
2. Application window
- If you choose to share an 'Application window', you can also resize the window to match the device that your participant is on. This is a great option, especially if your participant is viewing your screen on a mobile device.
- Choose the App window you'd like to share and then click 'Share'.
🚀 Pro Tip! You can prep in advance by opening up the App window you'd like to share, before you start the session.
3. Chrome tab
- Choose the Chrome Tab you'd like to share and then click 'Share'.
When your screen is being shared you'll see a notification similar to this.
Meanwhile on the participant's side
- On Desktop: Your screen will show up immediately in the Participant's Chrome window, as soon as you start sharing.
- On iOS and Android: Be sure your participant has the Participate App open and in-view. Your screen will automatically be shown as a takeover.
Stop sharing your screen
At any point during the remote LiveShare you can decide to stop sharing your screen with the participant:
- Either click the 'Screen icon' again to stop sharing
- Or click the 'Stop Sharing' button on the tiny banner notification.
One last thing
- Once you're done testing, remember to end your session as you normally would - by clicking 'End Session'.