You might want to test a low-fidelity prototype or a confidential website that can't be shared publicly. With moderator screen share you can share anything on your laptop/desktop screen, just for the duration of a remote LiveShare. The participant can see what you chose to share but has no access to your device, nor are they able to take control of your machine.
You know the drill:
- Create a Round within a Project, share the remote LiveShare participant link with the participant and Start a LiveShare session as you normally would.
Time to share you screen
- Once you start the test just click the screen icon on the top right corner of the screen - beside the mic and camera icon.
- Then click 'Share Screen' in the window that pops up.
Choose from 3 ways to share your screen
Based on you project you can choose one of these ways to share your screen with the participant:
1. Your entire screen
- Click on the image of the screen you'd like to share and then click 'Share'.
Tip: If you have 2 screens make sure to choose the right screen. And before you start the test, remember to close any other windows or Apps that you don't want the participant to see
2. Application window
- If you choose to share an 'Application window', you can also resize the window to match the device that your participant is on. This is a great option, especially if your participant is viewing your screen on a mobile device.
- Choose the App window you'd like to share and then click "share".
Tip: You can prep in advance by opening up the App window you'd like to share, before you start the test.
3. Chrome tab
- Choose the Chrome Tab you'd like to share and then click "share".
- When your screen is being shared you'll see a notification similar to this.
Your screen on your participant's device
- On Desktop: Your screen will show up immediately in the Participant's Chrome window, as soon as you start sharing.
- On iOS and Android: Be sure your participant has the Participate app open and in-view. Your screen will automatically be shown as a takeover.
At any point during the remote LiveShare you can decide to stop sharing your screen with the participant.
You can either click the screen icon on the top right corner of your screen.
Or you can click the 'Stop Sharing' button on the tiny banner notification.
One last thing
Once you're done testing, remember to end your test as you normally would - by clicking 'End Session' on the top right corner of your screen.