For desktop/laptop research, a Participate Chrome extension is used to record the screen, audio, and camera of the participant doing the test - in the case of 'SelfTests' and 'Remote LiveShares'.
And in the case of 'In-Person LiveShares' - the Participate Chrome extension is used to record the screen, audio, and camera of the researcher's in-person desktop device.
This is how it works:
- First make sure you have the latest version of Chrome browser installed on the desktop/laptop that you plan to use for the test.
- To start testing, you'll receive a participant link from your point of contact (usually the researcher). It looks like this:
- When you click that link in your Chrome desktop browser, you'll see this:
- After installing the extension, you can start testing by hitting 'Get started':
- A new window will open with instructions on how to start the test.
Now you're ready to start testing!
Researchers require the Participate Chrome Extension to carry out Desktop In-Person LiveShares.
Create a Round within a Project
- Log on to Lookback on your laptop/desktop and Create a LiveShare Round within a Project. Make sure to check 'Desktop' when you select the 'Device requirements'.
Prepare your test device
- Make sure you have the latest version of Chrome browser installed on the desktop/laptop you plan to use for the test.
- Add Lookback's Participate Extension to Chrome, from the Chrome Web Store
When your participant arrives
- Check you're on a strong Wifi connection and not affected by a firewall.
- Log on to Lookback via the Chrome browser and click into the appropriate 'Project'.
- Click on the 'In-Person' button beside the relevant 'Round'.
- Then click on 'Start Now'
You're now all set to start an In-person LiveShare on desktop/laptop! Hand over the device to the participant .