You can invite participants to carry out a SelfTest by sending them the SelfTest Participant Link.
- Once you create SelfTest Round within a Project, click into the relevant Project.
- Click on the Invite to Unmoderated button beside the relevant SelfTest Round.
Copy the Participant link and share it with Participants via an email.
Fun fact! A unique interview room is created for each participant who clicks on a Participant link, so you never have to worry about one participant interfering with another. Each initiated session creates a separate viewable recording that ends up on your dashboard, typically a 'Round' holds many sessions, one for each participant, even though they all use the same participant link.
When participants click on the SelfTest Participant Link, they will be prompted to download the Lookback Participate App or Chrome extension. We recommend downloading immediately before the session (10 minutes or so to allow for setup), instead of a day ahead of time. Lookback releases updates frequently to fix bugs, introduce new features, and we want to prevent participants from encountering a bug because they're using an outdated version of the app or extension.
After the app/extension is installed, and the participant clicks the link again, they will be taken through quick setup steps on the app/extension to grant permission to record their screen, camera and audio and start testing. This set up process takes place at the beginning of all Lookback sessions.
- Check out email templates to explain to participants how to get started with a SelfTest.
- Invite Participants to a Remote LiveShare within a 'Round' (remote + moderated).
- Start an In-person LiveShare within a 'Round' (in-person + unmoderated).