In various locations in the Lookback dashboard, you can format text according to your needs. You can, for instance, make it bold, italic, underlined, or create headings and hyperlinks. You can even refer to images!
We use something called Markdown to format the text. You'll write it in plain text, but the end result is formatted. You can read more about Markdown in this guide.
Markdown can be used in:
- your notes and chats in the Live and regular player
- the Intro and outro messages for a project
Here's a quick intro:
- Make text bold by surrounding it with two stars:
- Make text italic by surrounding it with one star:
- Make a list by preceding text with hyphens:
- This is an item
- This is a new item
- Another item!
- Insert headings by preceding the heading with
#for the first level heading and
##for the second level heading, and so on, up to the sixth level.
# This is the primary heading
## This is the secondary heading
- Insert a line break, by adding two spaces at the end of a line, and then hit <return> or <enter>.
This is a line break.
This might be an intro message, set in your project:
# User test for Acme org
Hi Stephanie! I'm Johan – glad that you wanted to be a part of our user testing session today!
1. Do this thing X
2. Do that thing Y
3. *Don't forget* to do Z **before** finishing!
When finished, please refer to [this survey](https://examplesurveylink.lookback.io/) which we ask all participants to take.<space><space><return>
The message will be formatted into this: