Our In-Person mode is integrated into our platform, making it possible to start recording an in-person session instantly without the use of any complex equipment.
In-Person also allows for real-time streaming to your teammates. This means that you can take advantage of all the collaboration Live has to offer, including timestamped note taking, chat with teammates etc.
Before the Participant Arrives:
Create a Project
- Log on to Lookback on your laptop/desktop and Create a Project. Make sure to check 'Desktop' when you 'select the devices you’d like to test'.
- Click into your project and click on 'Live' on the top right corner. Copy the "Observer Link" from the window that pops up.
Fun Fact: We use similar tech for 'Live' and 'In-person' tests. Which is why the same 'Live Observer Link' can be used by Observers to observer 'In-person tests' as well!
- Email this link to Observers along with instructions, date and time of the In-person test. But first, check your Observers have already been added as 'Observers' to your 'Members page'
Prepare your test device
- Make sure you have the latest version of Chrome Browser installed on the Desktop/Laptop you plan to use for the test.
- Add Lookback's Participate Extension to Chrome, from the Chrome Web Store
When you Participant Arrives
- Check you're on a Strong Wifi connection and not affected by a Firewall.
- Log on to Lookback and click into the appropriate project.
- Click the 'In-Person' button in the top right corner.
- Then click on 'Start Now'
Hand over the device to the participant
Help the participant follow the prompts and grant permissions:
- In the window that pops up, choose the appropriate camera and mic and click 'Start New Session'.
- Name you session and click 'Continue'
- In the window that pops up - click on the image of the screen that you'd like to record and then click 'Share'.
Tip: 'Share' button greyed out? Just re-check that you've clicked the image of your screen in the window above. Voila!
- Now the participant will be taken to your 'Landing Page' (if you've added one) and you're ready to conduct your in-person session.
Time to Test
- You know the drill. Go ahead and give your participant instructions and tasks.
- At this point your Observers can also start Observing the session by clicking the 'Live' tab.
Tip: Need your participant to key in login credentials or add some confidential info? Request them to click 'Pause' to pause recording and streaming to your Observers. Then they can click 'Resume' to continue testing.
End your In-person Session
- This is all-important!
- When the test is all done, request your participant to click 'End'
- Make sure they click 'End Session' again to reconfirm.
- Remember your test has been upload to your dashboard only if you see this screen, that says, 'Great job! The session is over.'.
- Congratulations! You've successfully competed a Desktop In-person test!
- Finally, close all the windows associated with this test, to make sure you can start your next Desktop In-person test without any problems
Additional In Person options: