Hey [Participant First Name],
Thanks for your willingness to participate in our research study. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information you need to know for this project.
We’re going to capture your feedback through an app that will record your phone screen, face video, and audio. Here are the setup instructions:
- Open up this link [Self-Test Link] on your phone. When it prompts you to install the Participate App, install it.
- Once the app has downloaded, tap on the above link again. Please read the welcome message from us (If applicable) and tap "Participate."
- Enter your name and email address for our records and tap "Next."
- Grab some headphones to help reduce noise and tap "Next."
- A message will appear: "Participate Would Like to Send You Notifications." Tap "Allow".
- Follow the setup steps in the app. Make sure to enable access to your mic, screen, and camera. Tap "Next."
- Once you tap "Start!" after completing the app setup, you can start providing feedback on our product.
- To review tasks, tap the circular Participate icon (yellow hand). Tap "Resume" to un-pause and continue your session.
- If you’d like to pause the session at any point, you can tap on the circular Participate icon (yellow hand) to the side of the screen. This will pause the session. Tap "Resume" to un-pause.
- To end the session, tap on the circular Participate icon (yellow hand) to the side of the screen and tap "End." Then tap "Yes! Upload it!"
- Wait for the screen that shows your uploading progress until it reaches 100%. Tap "Done" to close the test session.
Call Time & Date: [Start time - End time] on [Date]
Compensation: [Details of Compensation]
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to chatting with you!
[Researcher’s First Name]
You likely will need to modify the email template above to fit your exact research project. A few things you may want to include in your email:
- Instructions regarding what the participant should do during interview (tasks to complete, questions to answer, etc.)
- Info about what a participant should do if they need to cancel or reschedule
- Instructions asking participant to call from a place with strong wifi and no background noise
- Contract for participant to sign
Here's a link to a tutorial for Participants to help them setup and install the Participate app Self-Test on iOS: A tutorial for Participants