Hey [Participant First Name],
Thanks for your willingness to participate in our research study. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information you need to know for this project.
We’re going to be chatting with you using a web conferencing app on your mobile device that will let me see your screen and record our conversation. Please follow these steps 5 minutes before our session starts:
- Open up this link [Live Link] on your phone. When it prompts you to install the Participate App, install it.
- Once the app has downloaded, tap on the above link again. This time, click on second button that says "Participate."
- Follow the setup steps in the app. Make sure to enable access to your mic and camera.
- Once you get to the screen that says: “All set. We're just waiting for the other party to join,” please keep the app open while you wait for me to connect with you through the app.
- Around the start time of our interview, you should get a request in the app saying I'm trying to call you. Please hit “Start” so we can begin chatting.
- Once the session is over, you can exit the app.
Call Time & Date: [Start time - End time] on [Date]
Compensation: [Details of Compensation]
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to chatting with you!
[Researcher’s First Name]
You likely will need to modify the email template above to fit your exact research project. A few things you may want to include in your email:
- Details about what your interview will be focused on
- Info about what a participant should do if they need to cancel or reschedule
- Instructions asking participant to call from a place with strong wifi and no background noise
- Contract for participant to sign