Hey [Participant First Name],
Thanks for your willingness to participate in our research study. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information you need to know for this project.
Call Time & Date: [Start time - End time] on [Date]
We’re going to be chatting with you using the Participate App on your Android device. The App will allow us to see your screen and record your face camera and our conversation. Please follow these steps 5 minutes before our session starts:
- Check your Wifi Connection.
- Open up this link [Live Link] on your Android.
- 'Install Participate' when prompted.
- Tap on the above Live link again once the app has been installed.
- Tap 'I already have Participate'
- Tap 'Get Started'.
- Connect your headset for good sound quality.
- Enter your name and email address for the Researcher's records and tap "Next".
- Flick toggle buttons to 'Allow' camera and mic recording.
- Close any apps and websites with sensitive info like passwords etc.
- Flick toggle button to 'Allow' screen recording.
- Tap "Start Now" and then "Next".
- Keep the Participate App open and wait, when you see a screen that says: 'All set. We're just waiting for the other party to join'.
- Hit Accept', so we can begin chatting and testing.
- Tap the the 'Pause Session' and tap 'End Session', once our session is over.
- Tap "End Session" again to reconfirm.
- Now you can exit the app and any other apps or browsers we may have used.
Compensation: [Details of Compensation]
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to chatting with you!
[Researcher’s First Name]
You'll probably need to modify the email template above to fit your exact research project. A few things you may want to include in your email:
- Details about what your interview will focus on
- Info about what a participant should do if they need to cancel or reschedule
- Reminder for the participant to call from a place with strong wifi and no background noise
- Contract or consent form for participant to sign
- External links to surveys etc.
Here's a link to a tutorial to help Participants setup and install the Participate app and and join a Live Test on Android.