Hey [Participant First Name],
Thanks for your willingness to participate in our research study. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information you need to know for this project.
We’re going to capture your feedback using a Chrome extension that will record your screen, face video, and audio. Here are the setup instructions:
- On your computer, please download the Google Chrome Browser if you don’t already have it.
- Open up this link [Self-Test Link] in Chrome and follow all of the setup steps the page gives you. You can start providing feedback on our product.
- If you’d like to pause the session at any point or view tasks, you can click on the Participate extension icon (yellow hand) in the top right of Chrome and click “Pause.”
- When you are ready to end a session, click on the Participate extension icon in the top right of Chrome and click “End Session.”
- When you’re asked "Would you like to end this session" click "Yes, end and upload" to start the uploading process and then wait. Please do not immediately quit out of Google Chrome, since doing this will prevent the recording from uploading.
- You may do other things on your computer while you wait, but please keep the uploading window open in the background.
- Once the loading percentage reaches 100%, you can quit out of the Chrome window.
Call Time & Date: [Start time - End time] on [Date]
Compensation: [Details of Compensation]
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to chatting with you!
[Researcher’s First Name]
You likely will need to modify the email template above to fit your exact research project. A few things you may want to include in your email:
- Instructions regarding what the participant should do during interview (tasks to complete, questions to answer, etc.)
- Info about what a participant should do if they need to cancel or reschedule
- Instructions asking participant to call from a place with strong wifi and no background noise
- Contract for participant to sign