Thanks for your willingness to participate in our research study. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information you need to know for this project.
Call Time & Date: [Start time - End time] on [Date]
Compensation: [Details of Compensation]
As soon as you receive this email:
- We’re going to be chatting with you using a web conferencing platform on the Google Chrome browser. We will be recording your screen, camera, and voice.
- On your desktop or laptop computer, please download and install the Google Chrome Browser if you don’t already have it.
- Disable any notifications and close any other apps that might reveal sensitive information (passwords, personal conversations, etc.). The conferencing tool we’ll use will record everything on your screen.
Prepping for your session:
- Make sure you have a headset with a built-in microphone plugged into your Android device. You can join the session in speaker mode, but a microphone will help reduce noise.
- Close any other apps, websites, and notifications with sensitive info like passwords etc.
- From your device, follow this link to check you're on a strong internet connection. We recommend at least 5Mbps available both for uploading and downloading.
- There will not be a "moderator" and you will be completing the test in your own time, by yourself. It's important that we can hear and understand you, as we won't be able to ask questions during the test. Please speak aloud throughout the study so we can gather your thoughts and perspectives.
- Check you have a strong WiFi Connection and Google Chrome Browser available on a Compatible Desktop/Laptop.
- Open up this link [SelfTest Link] in Chrome and follow the prompts to 'Install' the 'Participate Extension' if you haven't had a chance to do so yet.
- Read the message and tap "Participate".
- Connect your headset if you haven’t already, and tap "Next"
- Enter your name and email address and tap "Next"
NOTE: If you prefer anonymity, instruct Participants to enter their name as P1, 2,... and their email can simply be email@example.com
- When asked to "Allow Notifications" switch the toggle button to green and tap "Allow" and then "Next"
- When asked to “Turn on your camera”, tap "Ok" and then "Next"
- You can now read the instructions on the 'Task/Instructions Panel' (Chrome window on the right) and start providing feedback on our product.
- It's important that we can hear and understand you during your session, as we won't be able to ask questions. Remember to think out loud throughout the session, saying what you’re trying to do, what you expect to see, and if things aren’t working as expected
- If you’d like to pause the session at any point you can click 'Pause' on the 'Task/Instructions Panel' (Chrome window )on the right.
- When you are ready to end the session, click 'End' on the Task/Instructions Panel on the right.
- Remember to click 'End Session' agin to reconfirm.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to chatting with you!
[Researcher’s First Name]
You'll probably need to modify the email template above to fit your exact research project. A few things you may want to include in your email:
- Instructions regarding what the participant should do (tasks to complete, questions to answer, etc.)
- If the participant is testing a website or URL-based prototype, include instructions to tap 'Landing Page' (only if applicable)
- Info about what a participant should do if they need to cancel or reschedule
- Instructions asking participant to complete the test with strong WiFi
(we recommend at least 5Mbps for upload and download speeds)
- Contract / Consent Form for participant to sign
- Links to an external survey etc (only if applicable)