Our ambition is always to facilitate content sharing when using Lookback. For most of our users it's equally important to keep content private and secure. This article will show you how you can collaborate and share content when using the research platform, as well as point out some noteworthy specifics.
Only Lookback members can view content
All viewers of any content must be added as team members of your Lookback organization. Here's how:
- Log into Lookback
- Find the dropdown menu (click your name, top right on the Dashboard)
- Click 'Members' in the dropdown menu
- On the 'Members' page, write the email address(es) of those you'd like to invite and click 'Add to organization'.
- This will automatically send them an invitation to sign up to your organization as members. Once signed up and verified, they will be able to view content that you share!
Note – team member role differences
On our current self-serve plans (Team and Insights hub), all team members have full capabilities, apart from subscription and billing which is handled by the owner only. For those of our users who are still on a legacy self-serve plan (Starter and Pro) or on the Enterprise plan, it's possible to set team members as full capability Collaborators (if you have enough license) or a limited Observer role (viewing/notes capability).
How team members join LiveShare sessions
- The researcher moderating the session can send a direct link to a team member, with which they can join the session as observer.
- Live sessions will also show up at the top of the project view.
🚀 Pro Tip! Remind team members how intend to observe in LiveShare sessions to:
- make sure they are on a strong wifi connection.
- make sure they don't have any firewall that might block them from joining
Share or download Recordings and Highlights
You can easily share previously recorded sessions (including SelfTests) and highlights/snippets by sending the relevant URL to anyone in your organization. Just click the 'Link' button beside the relevant session / highlight in your project to copy the URL.
🚀 ProTip! If your subscription plan allows it, you can choose to download combined video of your session or highlight. Combine recordings merge the audio, screen and face video into one easily viewable video file.
Sessions within Private Projects
When you invite Lookback members to view sessions, they can access all your projects and sessions. This is often important to keep in mind for situations when you invite an external stakeholder, a client. If you want a particular team member to be able to access only a specific project within your Lookback organization, and no other project, you need to make all your projects into Private Projects and add that team member to that private project. This is the case regardless of whether they will be a moderator or an observer in a LiveShare session within that project, or if it's simply to access a recording within that Private project, make notes in it or download it.
Adding team members to a Private project is done via Project settings (cog wheel icon). The Private project feature is available on all Lookback's subscription plans except Starter (which is a legacy plan).