All Lookback members can watch both Live sessions and previously recorded sessions. You can also make time-stamped notes and send text-chat messages to the moderator and others who are observing, while the session is active.
First off: Register as a Lookback member
- Check your email inbox and Accept the invitation to be a member
- This will take you to the Lookback website where you need to set a password of your choice (and verify your email). That's it! Once that's done, you're registered as a member.
Pro Tip! If you've been invited to observe a LiveShare session remember to register before the scheduled time.
If you are observing a LiveShare session
Prepare to observe a LiveShare session
Make sure you:
- Have a desktop/laptop available
- Download the Google Chrome Browser (to get the latest version)
- Check you have a strong Wifi Connection
- Find the link that the moderator sent for you to join the LiveShare session. It'll look like this: https://lookback.io/OrgName/ProjectName
At the scheduled time
- Open the link via the url field in the Google Chrome Browser on a Desktop/Laptop.
- If the participant has already joined the LiveShare session you'll see it highlighted in green – within the specific Project
- You'll also be able to access the session if you click the Live tab.
- Click the LiveShare Session
- If the moderator has already joined the session, on the left of your screen you'll see the participant's screen and face camera recording. You should then be able to hear the Participant and Moderator speaking to each other.
- If it's a Remote LiveShare (remote) session, you'll be able to see the names of others who are watching, as well as the moderator, on the top right corner of your screen.
- If it's an In-person LiveShare (moderator & participant are in the same room) session, you'll only notice the names of others who are watching on the top right corner of your screen.
Fun Fact! Participants won't know you're watching. It's a “behind the glass” lab-style experience.
Taking Notes and Chatting During a LiveShare Session
During a Live session, you can communicate with the moderator and other who are watching via chat messages as well as add time stamped notes using the side panel on the right.
- Chat is a feature that allows for discussion during the session in general. The whole team can view the chat later on, on the full-length recording, but these messages won't show up on the participants screen, nor on timeline. So chat away!
- Notes can be used for annotating the current LiveShare session. All notes are saved with a timestamp, so you can easily find the moment in the session where you added the note later on, in the full-length recording.
Pro Tip! @mention members in Chat Messages and Notes to draw their attention.
If you are observing a previously recorded session
- Find the link that the moderator sent for you to watch the previously recorded session. It'll look like this: https://lookback.io/OrgName/ProjectName
- Access the link via the Google Chrome Browser on a Desktop/Laptop.
- Click the relevant Session.
- You'll be taken to the Player view, where you can view the participant's screen and face camera recording. You'll also hear the participant (and the moderator if it's a recording of a moderated session).
Adding Notes and Chat Messages to a Previously Recorded Session
- You can add time-stamped Notes and Chat messages to previously recorded sessions too.
- @mention members in Notes and Chat messages if necessary.
Protip! Adjust the playback speed of recordings by clicking the 'clock' icon beside the timeline, if necessary.