For desktop research, a Participate Chrome extension is used to record the screen, audio, and camera of the participant doing the test - in the case of Self-tests and Live tests.
And in the case of in-person tests - the Chrome extension is used to record the screen, audio, and camera of the Researcher's in-person desktop device.
This is how it works:
- First make sure you have the latest version of Chrome Browser installed on the Desktop/Laptop you plan to use for the test.
- To start testing, you'll receive a participant link from your point of contact (usually the researcher). It looks like this:
- When you click that in your Chrome desktop browser, you'll see this:
- After installing the extension, you can start testing by hitting "Get started":
- A new window will open with instructions on how to start the test.
Now you're ready to start testing!
Researchers require the Participate Chrome Extension to carry out DStart by preparing your test device.
Prepare your test device
- Make sure you have the latest version of Chrome Browser installed on the Desktop/Laptop you plan to use for the test.
- Add Lookback's Participate Extension to Chrome, from the Chrome Web Store
When you Participant Arrives
- Check you're on a Strong Wifi connection and not affected by a Firewall.
- Log on to Lookback and click into the appropriate project.
- Click the 'In-Person' button in the top right corner.
- Then click on 'Start Now'
You're now all set to start an in-person test!